Monday, December 26, 2016

It Hardly Matters To Me Now

It hardly matters to me now if i was dunce of the primary school
Far north of the coastal countryside by Warrnambool
Or if in my life's twilight years i cannot boast of a uni degree
Since time it does seem it has caught up on me

Since the years have left me wrinkled looking, bare headed and gray
And clearly i have known of a far better day
And though i am not one who has known of life's success
I am not going into old age in a state of unhappiness

Though some things in life we would rather forget
No point in growing older with feelings of regret
Of mistakes we made and opportunities lost
Some of our lessons in life come to us at a cost

Some i went to school with not living today
And some in the home Parish did choose to stay
And some in big cities are aging far away
That most go on different life journeys does seem true to say

The dunce of the classroom six decades ago
And time that rusts iron has become my foe
Far south of the fields where the waterways meet
In the green countryside near the Town of Millstreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment