Thursday, August 6, 2015

If Ever I Go Back To Millstreet

If ever i go back to Millstreet any stories of personal success i do not have to tell
Since on my journeys south of Claraghatlea i have not done financially well
And those with heaps of money are admired and looked up to in Millstreet as well as everywhere
One of the main reasons many young people do migrate to try their luck in the big World out there

I may be quite low in finances but i am quite wealthy in another way
I feel privileged by the natural beauty that is all around me every day
It may be Winter in the Moyne Shire but clusters of yellow blossoms on every wattle tree
In coastal south west Victoria in every Season there is natural beauty for to see

But here i will always be a migrant where time has left me looking older and gray
Though here i feel inwardly contented and here i feel happy to stay
For as long as the urge is not in me for to move on to another place
Though here i am a stranger to many and mine is not a recognized face

Here i often see emu and koala, echidna, wallaby and gray kangaroo
And long billed corella and crimson rosella and the big dark brown parrot yellow tailed black cockatoo
And the migratory cattle egrets as white as the new fallen snow
In July and August amongst the herds eating insects disturbed by them grazing my wonder of Nature only does grow

If ever i go back to Millstreet i can only tell of the natural beauty i have seen
In my travels in south eastern Australia where the landscape is not always green
Though i could not tell them of any financial successes with my words why should i deceive
But wealth it does have many faces at least this is what i believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment